Becoming a vegetarian sometimes means choosing to refrain from things that are insanely tasty. For me that means salmon. That’s why I became extremely happy when I realized that you could use carrots instead of salmon . Super Happy!
Carrots are packed with beta carotene, alpha carotene and lutein that are good for your heart and can counter heart disease such as heart attack and high blood pressure.
- 6 pieces of large carrots
- 1 bunch of dill
- 10 pieces of white peppercorns
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 dl vinegar
- Sea salt
GÖR SÅ HÄR
- Slice the carrots into diagonal slices. (use a potato peeler or mandolin)
- Fill a pot of water and a little salt
- Let the carrots boil for 6 minutes
- Boil 3 dl water with 2 dl sugar, 1 dl vinegar, one bunch dill, 10 white peppercorn and salt (2 min)
Vegan dill-cured "salmon"
- Drop the sliced and boild carrot into the marinade
- Cover the carrots with plastic or foil and leave in fridge to the next day
Serve with fresh dill